First-Time Driver? Find Fun in the Jetta
Is there a new driver in your family? First-time drivers want a car that’s cool, efficient, and stylish. As a parent, you want something safe and reliable. You can get the best of both worlds in a Volkswagen Jetta. Read on to find out what this stylish vehicle offers. When you’re ready to take the Jetta out for a spin, stop by Norristown’s Wynn Volkswagen. Our team is ready to help!
Safety For the Road Ahead
The Jetta was designed for the unexpected. That’s why it comes with the following safety features:
- Intelligent crash response system: When the airbags go off in the event of a collision with another vehicle, this feature will automatically turn off the fuel pump, activate the vehicle’s hazard lights, and unlock the doors so emergency personnel can easily access you if you are unable to get out.
- Tire pressure monitoring system: If your tire pressure gets too low, this system will automatically alert you so you know when to pull over and put air in the tire.
- Automatic post-collision braking system: If you or your loved one are in an accident, this system will help slow the vehicle’s speed and come to a stop. This feature is designed to help offset the risk of any additional impacts.
- Rearview mirror: With the Jetta’s rearview mirror, you’ll be able to see if there are any cars, debris, or pedestrians behind you before you back out of a parking space or driveway.
- Safety cage: These safety cages help distribute the force of an impact away from both the drivers and passengers. These are known as the front and rear crumple zones, and they help minimize impact in a motor vehicle accident
The Jetta also comes with several stability-enhancing systems such as:
- Electronic stability control that adjusts your engine’s throttle
- Electronic brake-pressure distribution that helps maintain adequate stopping capabilities during a hard-braking situation
Parents will love the available Carefree Coverage. This coverage includes:
- Scheduled carefree maintenance for the first two years or 20,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
- Roadside assistance for either the first three years or 36,000 miles
- New vehicle limited warranty for four years or 50,000 miles
- Car-net remote access, which includes remote keyless start, the ability to lock/unlock doors, and vehicle health reports for five years. This also includes family guardian alerts, which give parents the ability to keep tabs on the car when your teen takes it out for a drive. You can keep an eye on their speed and curfew.
Technology isn’t just designed for parents; it’s designed for your first-time driver, too. Your teen will enjoy the available BeatsAudio, which makes for easy and fun listening of their favorite tunes.
The Jetta also comes with several driver-assisting technologies, including:
- Light assist, which will provide improved visibility on dark roads by automatically activating the vehicle’s high beams when going above speeds of 37mph.
- Blind-spot monitoring, which can alert your teen of an approaching vehicle before they transition into another lane of traffic.
- Lane assist, which can sense if your vehicle starts drifting into another lane without using a turn signal; this system is automatically activated when driving at speeds of 37mph and above and can help keep you in your current lane when lane markings are available.
- Front assist, which will alert you if there is a possible collision risk up ahead; if the driver fails to brake in time, the system will automatically engage.
- Adaptive cruise control, which will maintain a preset speed and safe following distance from the vehicle ahead of you, even if they slow down unexpectedly.
- Rear traffic alert, which notifies you if someone is in your direct path before you back up; this system can also assist with braking if necessary.
All of these technologies are designed to give drivers more confidence when they’re behind the wheel.
Visit Norristown Wynn Volkswagen to Test Drive the Jetta
If your teen just received their driver’s license or is on the cusp of starting that new journey, you want to choose a car you can know they’ll be safe in. The Volkswagen Jetta has optimal safety features to help keep you and your loved ones safe as you practice safe driving habits with them and eventually let them take the car out on the road by themselves.
When you’re ready to get started, the team at Norristown’s Wynn Volkswagen is here to help. Our dealership is located at 2021 West Main St. Norristown, PA 19403. Stop in and test drive the Jetta today. The more comfortable you are with the vehicle your first-time driver uses, the more fun and enjoyable the experience will be.